Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Conversations With My Son


It was his birthday Saturday so I had to go see him.  I went to Walmart to get him some new flowers. I always put together a fall arrangement for him.  He was a fall baby after all.  I got it all together and then paid him a visit.  I sat with him and talked about what was going on, what mommy worries about and how I miss him. I promised him early in the day that I would celebrate him with a smile, and I did...until I came here.  Its hard thinking that he would have been 14, hard because I think he and his cousin Brandon would be two peas and into a lot of mischief.  Hard because I know life would have been so different had he not made that trip to heaven.  Hard just because he is not here and if I want to see him, I have to close my eyes and remember everything I memorized.

Jace Andrew, you are so full of wisdom son.  You remind me always of what is important and what I need to let go of.  You remind me of how strong I truly am and even though I struggle daily, I am doing just fine.  We miss you so much.  Your little sister, who was never able to meet you, thinks of you all the time, remembers you in everything we do and is very quick to remind me I have a third child.  I never forget you son, but sometimes, for the sake of a conversation I don't want to have and selfishness, I say I have two children. Your big brother carries you with him always.  He is not as out spoken as your sister, but he misses you just as much. Always our guardian angel.  We love you.

Happy 14th Birthday Jace!
Mommy

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

Hugs, Missy. I cannot imagine the pain. Your bravery and grace are an inspiration. I have no doubt that sweet boy is smiling down on you from heaven. The beautiful thing about love... it never leaves us.