Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween 2016

Halloween 2016 is in the books.  That is very hard to believe. Even harder that Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas is a couple streets over.  Time is a flying.

I had asked the kids if they wanted to carve pumpkins this year.  Christopher was an "I don't know, maybe" and Bella was a very enthusiastic "YES".  Friday after work, I had to swing by Kroger to pick up some prescriptions so when I picked up Bella, I told her we could pick out her pumpkin for carving, but that we wouldn't carve until Saturday.  My girl picked out her pumpkin and proceeded to tell her pumpkin how very lucky she was to be picked by her, that she only chooses the most beautiful pumpkins.  She also told her pumpkin that it was soon to become even more beautiful after we carved a very special picture out of it.  Precious.  Saturday came and my girl chose an owl for carving.  Mommy ended up carving because I just wasn't okay with her using a very sharp carving tool so much to Bella's excitement, her job was to scoop out all the seeds after I was done.  


I was pretty impressed with my work since this was my first "fancy" carving.  I've only previously been limited to the standard jack-o-lantern face carvings. 


We lit our carved pumpkin as well as all our other lanterns on the porch and enjoyed them all.  
It was awesome. Something about this time of year with lit candles and lanterns is just soothing to me.  Unlike most, I love it when the time changes and the days are shorter.  I feel totally justified changing into my pajamas as soon as I get home and lighting a candle.    

Monday I left work an hour early to get home and get to daddy's before all the trick or treaters made it out. His neighborhood is very popular place on Halloween so I wanted to get there before it got crowded.  

Bella went as a cat again this year...



Her cousin Brady went as a catcher.  God bless him, he wore every piece of that equipment through the neighborhood as we went from house to house.  He was a trooper.  He would take off the helmet every now and then but put it right back on when he got ready to walk up to a new house.

There were only two houses that scared Bella enough that she stood her ground at the end of the driveway and waited for Brady to come back. In both cases, the owners were kind enough to see she was scared and brought some candy out to her.  One of them had a mask on and took it off so she could see he was just a nice normal guy.  Good people right there.

Before we headed home, I had my niece take a picture of me with my sweet goblins.


One lucky mommy right there. 


No comments: