Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Jace Andrew

Last Thursday was what would have been my baby boy Jace's 7th birthday.  I miss my son every day and think of him every day.  Jace was born October 15, 2002 at 12:03 p.m. (just in time for lunch).  He weighed in 6 lbs. 12 oz.  He was a good baby, a happy baby...and he left us much too soon.  I will always treasure the time we had with him.  Jace has taught me so much these last 7 years.  One thing in particular is that I try very hard to never put things off for a better time or for the perfect moment because that chance may be taken away forever.  I tell my family how much they mean to me everyday.  I stop to take time for my kids.  The aggravations that once seemed like a big deal no longer are.  Life can change in an instant so live it today.  You don't have as much control as you think you do so go with the flow, its much easier on you and everyone else.  I could go on but I think you understand what I'm trying to say.  Its hard to imagine that Jace would be 7 because I still think of him as a baby...but at the same time I try to imagine what he would like?  He was born 6 months after my niece Makenna and 9 months before my nephew Brandon so he would be running around with both of them.  Would he be into Transformers with Brandon...love the Cars movie?  Into Legos with his brother?  Would they still be inseparable?  Would he have turned his nose to potatoes like his brother or not been able to refuse them like his mommy?  No tomatoes like daddy?  Salads like his mommy?  These and so many other things I often think about.  I miss him every day and I wish he were here every day.  I'd like to share some pictures of my sweet boy the day he was born. 

Hello world...


We call this the kool-aid smile picture.  This was Christopher and Jace's first meeting.  That smile you see on little 3 year old Christopher's face is a genuine unforced smile.  This is out most favorite picture of these two...



This is the next day when I finally got to really hold him and check him out...10 fingers....10 toes....



And with big brother....



And home...



Forever in our hearts sweet boy....Mommy loves you.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. I got there right after he was born and Jeff was watching him through the nursery window with a big ol' grin on his face! That sweet boy has had a place in my heart and always will..I think of him daily..I really do. I know he is in heaven and your mom is taking care of him. We will see him again one day.