Friday, October 2, 2009

No, No, No

No, No, No!  Do you know how hard it is to hear that over and over in your head when you're supposed to be penny pinching and you love to shop?  Well that's what I heard my head telling myself several times today.  I had to run into town to pay a couple bills and run by a couple stores to pick up a few things we needed.  A couple stores turned into four.  As I stated before, I love to shop.  And if I have something on my mind about getting, wanting or needing, I'm gonna do my best to find it.  Today it was bloomers.  I had decided while I was out running these errands I would look for some plain white bloomers--that's what I call them.  They may just be called a diaper cover or something else but I call them bloomers.  I got Isabella this adorable Halloween pillowcase dress and I want some bloomers she can wear over her diaper so its not just her diaper underneath. Simple enough, right?  Wrong.  This task proved to be a difficult one in the great metropolis of Lake Jackson.  Target was my first stopping place, no luck but I did pick up formula, a birthday gift, a sippy cup, a light bulb, a very cute Halloween diaper shirt & another recycle bag.  I stuck to the plan here only picking up the tee and the bag...but in my defense the bag was only my second and with as much stuff you can cram in these bags...two is all I'll need and it was $0.99.  The tee was on $1 so I feel no argument is needed with either of those items.  Ha!  Next I went over to Hobby Lobby to get fabric for a baby blanket and an easel.  Nix nay on the fabric--its all gone which means a trip to Sugarland (poor pitiful me).  I did see some very cute monkey fabric and thought of Chris.  I call him monkey and he loves it and monkey stuff so I thought a blanket would be a good idea for Christmas.  I talked myself out of it (the penny pinching thing) and decided to wait.   I found the easel I needed and picked up a sign that reads "The Princess Sleeps Here Do Not Disturb".  It was half off at $1.50 so I got it.  Made it out of there w/o even perusing the Halloween aisle (Yeah for me!).  I then paid my bills but not before picking up a pair of $30 Levis for myself.  First let me say--if you're a man reading this you need to skip down because this will make no sense to you whatsoever.  So the jeans.  I hemhawed about this for a while.  My problem is baby weight.  I still haven't lost all of it and I'm dang tired of wearing maternity britches and I have refused to purchase any britches in larger sizes.  I know I can drop this weight.  I know I can.  I just haven't put forth the extra little effort I need (walking) to drop this last bit that will put me back in my pre-baby britches.  So I broke down today and found a pair of jeans that I liked and bought them.  But I absolutely refuse to buy anything else!  Do you hear me?  REFUSE!!  Glad we have that straight.  I decided to meander down to The Children's Place to get Chris some jeans.  If I wait too much longer I won't be able to find jeans because it seems like Christmas arrives and stores start moving in bikinis and tank tops! Picked up 3 pair and also picked up some britches and a shirt for Isabella (for a Wildcats FIRST DOWN!).  Yea...I'm hearing the announcer from the game last week in my head right now.  Every single time we got a first down he said it the same way...was always enthusiastic but always managed to say "picked up a Wildcats first down!"  Yea I know I'm weird.  The last place I went to on my escapade was Kohl's.  BTW...there were no bloomers at any of the previous store and no bloomers at Kohl's but they had the cutest little Thanksgiving shirt for Bella.  Oh I wanted it and I totally would have bought it (for $5.00) if they had the size I needed...but they didn't...so I didn't...and I walked out.   Yep, didn't spend one dime...only my time.  Do you know how hard it was?  Seriously...for a bonafide, confirmed and confessed shopaholic to walk out of a store without buying one thing when by the way there were 8 million things yelling at me as I passed by them.  It was hard.  But I did it...because after spending the extra on clothes that weren't in my plan today or in my budget, I felt bad.  The tags are still on the clothes so there's a chance they may go back--that's how bad I feel.  Well the Halloween tee won't because Isabella is wearing it now and she's sleeping.  And Chris's jeans won't because he needs them, but my jeans may go back.  So there you have it...my day spent with voices screaming at me No, No, No!  And for the most part...I obliged.            

No comments: