Friday, January 24, 2014

Flippin' Cold

A nice little wintery blast made its way through Texas yesterday and left all of us freezing our butts off!  This girl has been enjoying it, but wishes some of the snow had made its way further south. We got rain.  And then it froze.  Well, some of it did.  It was enough for the school to delay start-up a couple of hours. Christopher was thrilled and had no problem whatsoever crawling back into bed to get some more sleep.  I cozied up on the couch with a quilt and coffee and watched the weather...until the princess woke up, then it was Disney Junior-yay me!  I'm not sure what I did...turned funny picking up my 5 year old to put her in the car last night I guess, but my shoulder killed me all night.  I didn't sleep for shit.  And let tell you, its hitting me about right now.  The 2-hour school delay allowed me to hang back so I could get the kids to school and get the heating pad on my shoulder.  It is the weirdest pull...can turn one way just fine and feel absolutely nothing but turn another and holy moly, I can't breathe.  Sucks to get old people.  (Okay...maybe I should just quit picking up and holding the 5-year old).  I will take this into consideration, just for my own safety.  Ha!

All bundled up ready to head out into the cold...


Icicles hanging from the mailbox...don't see this very often!


Me and the boy....damn he's handsome!


Monkey took this as I was driving him to school...Purdy dang cool!  Again, you don't see this very often in South East Texas!!


And lastly...this one doesn't have anything to do with the cold but last night I was digging through pictures and came across the picture on top of us kids with momma and daddy.  Tears fell.  I sent the picture to my siblings and my sister put this little collage together and posted it on Facebook. I stole borrowed it from her.  Family is what's important.  No matter what, they are always there.  Our family is close and I love that. I cherish all my time with them and I'm so very blessed that I can go to them for anything.  Love them more than my luggage!
Y'all stay safe and stay warm!  Have a good one!  Thanks for always coming back to see what I'm writing about. 


   

No comments: