Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Yippee

As luck would have it, I will have my babies for one more night.  Bella was super excited about that. They were supposed to head to their dad's this afternoon before I got home from work but he is not feeling well and still has some last minute gifts to get, wrapping and grocery shopping so I offered to keep the kids one more night.  Lucky me!  I was going to head out after work to grab my last few things but it can wait.  Because I hadn't planned on them or me being home this evening I didn't plan dinner so we'll eat out tonight.  Wonder what they'll pick?

My sister texted me yesterday from Walmart with the following message...

"When you are in Walmart and you turn to go down the Christmas candy aisle and its all Valentine candy!!  

Needless to say I wasn't happy, more so because I have not picked up my Christmas candy yet but dadgum people, can we slow things down a bit?  Its ridiculous!  Did nothing but add to my already poor attitude.

And speaking of attitude, I have a bad one.  I mean downright ugly attitude.  Its more work related but lets be honest, if I have a bad attitude at work, its going to rub off elsewhere.  I'm good about leaving everything here once I go home but some days the attitude follows and its just not pretty.  So my goal is to get it all out these next couple of days and come back next year with an attitude adjustment.  You would think that after all these years, I would know how to handle the people who feel they are entitled and whine when they don't get their way or are not included.  These are grown ass people we are talking about who should know better.  My tolerance is gone for these people and I have got to figure out how to deal with them because I don't like my attitude. I don't like me.  I can't change their attitude but I can change mine.  I have to.  For me and for my children.  Any words of encouragement are gladly accepted.

That leads me to my word for 2016...Faith.  I need to return to my faith and have more faith in all aspects of my life.  I think it is a fitting word choice given my new attitude I'm going to come in with next year.

Ok, I'm off to get some work done and check my lists for the 87th time.  :)

Y'all have a good one!


No comments: