Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter, Monday Blues & Maybe The Longest Post Ever

Happy Belated Easter!!

I am dragging this morning.  My eyes are not functioning well at all and I'm moving at an extremely slow pace.  I think the Monday following Easter should be a holiday as well.  Lol!  The kids were moving pretty slow too.  I think we'll all be in bed as soon as we get home this evening.  Fine by me.

Friday, my best girl and I were up early so after ONE cup of coffee, I jumped in the shower and got ready so we could go get ourselves the mani/pedis I had been promising my girl.  After we were done, it was still a little too chilly out for me, so I changed into my favorite destruction jeans, tee and blardigan.  I kept my flops on because I didn't want to cover up my brand new pedicure....


The kids and I then met up with my sister and her son for lunch at La Casona.  Afterwards, us girls did a little shopping in LJ.  Bella spent some money she had at Bath & Body Works on new hand sanitizer.  Big surprise. Sister and I treated ourselves to a new pair of capris from Buckle.  I also picked up a new shirt for the boy which you will see in a bit.  I found some new sandals at The Rack Room and ALLOWED my sister to take advantage of the BOGO sale.  She scored some sandals for the bargain price of $7.50.  Happy Easter sis!  

We then headed to Target to get a few things for Easter Bunny and then made our way back home where I convinced Chris to dye eggs with Bella while I went grocery shopping.  I needed to get a few more things from the E.B. so going solo was better this trip.   After that, I put my family basket together for Saturday and we all went to bed to get some shut eye.


#familybasket #isntitpurdy

Saturday was Vyvial Easter in El Campo at my cousin's house.  Oh it was filled with so much food, fun, laughs and great times.  As usual, we had an egg hunt for the kids.  My gosh there were sooooo many eggs this year.  I think each kid got 50 eggs each!

Gettin' ready to run, but first some confetti eggs!!  Brady had just smacked Bella with an egg here...
 


Sweet girl...

 And she's off.... 



 Checking out the rewards of a good hunt....

I got smacked several times.  LOVE those nephews of mine....

I asked my cousin to take a picture of me and Christopher...
Check out that hand with the egg in the bottom right hand corner coming in for the kill

That's Brandon...the little sneak...

 Followed by my brother....


Oh...Christopher is wearing the shirt I picked up at Buckle. 
So handsome, even with confetti all over him.  

Later in the day, my cousin gave us the annual garden/yard tour of her home.  We have done this every year she's had Easter at her home. Diane has so many different plants, flowers and bushes and works her butt off the weeks leading up to her family invading her home to make it all look nice.  I have always gone home with a cutting or two from her flower beds however, I didn't make it out of there this time with anything.  Guess that means I need to go back!!  Sharing some pictures with y'all that I stole borrowed from cousin Veronica on FB...

That's Diane (homeowner) in the orange shirt giving us the spill.  


We stopped to say hello to Chef Patrick (our cousin & Diane's brother) who was monitoring the chicken noodle soup pot.  Please note the size of that pot.  We mean business when it comes to our chicken noodle soup.  Y'all, it could be 90 degrees outside on Easter but we will always have chicken noodle soup for supper.  Always.

Diane gives a very enthusiastic tour and you are allowed to ask questions.  
Can't remember what Dina was asking here...

We lost our photographer shortly after this shot or maybe she didn't post any other pictures for me to steal borrow.

I do want to show you this one she took during the egg hunt.  
Pretty girls and cousins forever..
Dina, Missy, Diane, Cindy


The rest of the day was filled with more eating, visiting, chicken noodle soup and 4 games of Wahoo.  Have you ever played this game?  I had not, but my cousins roped me into playing with them and once I caught on, it was fun.  My nephew William (and Godson) made their board.   Going to try and convince him to make his Godmother one :).  I think the kids would enjoy this game too.  

We left El Campo late that night arriving home at almost 1 a.m. and plum tuckered out.  We all went to bed but had to be up early (I did anyway) to boil eggs and potatoes for the potato salad I was taking to Daddy's for lunch later.  Oh how I didn't want to get up Sunday morning to cut up tators but I did.  We had a nice lunch at Daddy's and an egg hunt for 3 of the kids. We all bailed out early since everyone had to get back to school and work today.  I did manage to get a sweet picture with my babies though...


Love these two so stinkin' much....

Hope y'all had a great Easter weekend!!


No comments: