Sunday, March 20, 2016

Sunday Evening Thoughts

I'm relaxing this evening in the living room after cooking supper. I was watching the Hallmark channel but decided to see what else was on. Rocky III, heck yeah!! Does anyone else stop and watch Rocky when you happen upon it? I do. I have watched Rocky II a hundred times but I always, always tear up (sometimes a full on cry) at the end when he says "yo Adrian, I did it". That part is shown at the beginning of Rocky III as well...

Went to Needville Friday night to get ready for the city wide garage sale at my cousin's house. I didn't have much this go round which was evident by the whopping $38 I made. #dontbejealous
The weather didn't affect our customers. It was cold and windy by they still came out in swarms to find their treasures. Overall, we made just over $2000. That was between seven families in our group. My cousin Dina swears this was the last one.  She said that back in Septemebrr as well. We shall see what happens. 

Saturday confirmed two things. I miss my momma something awful. Next week will be 9 years since she's been gone. That is crazy. I love being around momma's sisters because it's like having her around but this time, I really missed her.  I am going to also admit that I am very jealous that some of my cousins have the opportunity to spend more time with the Aunts then I do. I absolutely hate that we've reached that point that we don't get together as often as we used to. I miss it. We will see everyone Saturday for Vyvial Easter and I can't wait. Being close to your relatives is a blessing and a curse. A curse because as you get older, your family grows and gets busy, life takes over and it gets harder to see each other. A blessing because even when you can't see each other as often as you life, they are always there for you in a heartbeat. 

I was all for another cold spell but I can do without the wind. Tony showed up at lunch today to plant the garden. I turned him away. I surely did! I told him it was too cold to plant a garden. If we weren't fighting the wind, I think I would have been fine, maybe. He made a couple passes with the tiller and headed home. The kids and I loaded up and went to Lowes to get seeds, plants, mulch and topsoil for the flowerbeds. 


We'll shoot for planting Tuesday evening. It's supposed to be warmer and not as windy. #fingerscrossed 

Super excited that I'm only working 4 days this week. Good Friday holiday this week. I promised Bella we would take my $38 from the garage sale and put it towards mani/pedis on Friday when we're off so we'll have pretty fingers and toes for Easter. She loved that idea. Momma is in desperate need of a pedicure too 😉 

And since it's the first day of Spring, I'll leave you with these...have a great week! 






No comments: