Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Garden Is In

Yes ma'am, we got it in yesterday evening.  I still need more green bean and flower seeds but everything else is in.  I have three new additions to the garden this year...onions, green bell peppers and cantaloupe.  I've never tried them before but giving it a whirl this year. We also have tomatoes (big ones & cherries), potatoes, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, green beans and jalapenos.

For the flowers we have sunflowers, zinnias, purple coneflowers, hollyhocks and poppies.  Hopefully the bees will be plentiful this year and the garden will be bountiful.



I am also hoping the dreams I've had regarding the garden are premonitions, if you will.  The dreams are behind me planting bell peppers this year.  In one dream, I had a huge bell pepper "tree" on the side of the house where I grew up with tons of peppers hanging down.  Weird I know, especially since they don't grow in the form of a tree but I'm thinking positive and taking it as a sign to plant them this year.  I also had another dream that Momma was in.  Just a note here, when she is in my dreams, there is always a message.  In this one, she is cooking supper.  Daddy brings in a ton of green beans from the garden.  She tells him she'll cook those too.  She was in the process of frying up some squash and zucchini already.  Hoping its a sign my garden will do well this year.


Thinking positive....

Not much else going on this way. Gearing up for Easter this weekend with family.  You know how I'm looking forward to that. 

1 comment:

Steffani said...

I live your mom in your dreams always giving you messages. A mother's love never ends.