Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all



Today is the first official day of Autumn!  In these here parts of Southeast Texas a cool front is making its way here so we have a good chance of rain today, which makes a good day for me.  I love rainy days and I love cooler weather.  This is the beginning of my most favorite time of year.  I love the Autumn colors and the smells that accompany it..and I love to cook warm yummy dishes this time of year as well.  To celebrate its arrival, we're having a Happy Autumn Luncheon at work today.  I am making my Goulash, Judy has made a Shepherd's Pie and Tricia is making brownies.  Other ladies in the office are contributing to the cause with a green salad, pea salad, garlic bread and green bean casserole.  I think we'll have a good lunch today, don't you.  I've decided to share my recipe for Goulash with you.  Its a mixture of my Mom's recipe and a Paula Deen recipe so its now my recipe.  Everyone does their Goulash different but this is how we make at the Bevers Home (most of the time)  and it seems to please everyone.  I tend to change it up a little every time I make it but the measurements listed below are what I used the last time I made this dish for work.  Keep in mind, I go by taste so I may have added more of something if it didn't taste right. 

Missy's Goulash

2 lbs. hamburger meat
6 cups water
2 cans rotel
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup macaroni
4 cups tators
2 can green beans (drained)
2 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 1/2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp. house seasoning
1-2 bay leaves

Brown hamburger meat.  Add all ingredients except macaroni and tators.  Cook for 15-20 minutes and then add mac and tators.  Cook for about 30 minutes until tators are tender.  I like to serve it with garlic bread or cornbread.  The rotel gives it a nice little kick.  I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: