Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Were You

Where were you on this day 8 years ago?  Where were you when you heard the horrifying news that a plane had flew into the World Trade Center?  Where were you when you found out it wasn't an accident?  And that another plane had hit the second tower, one the Pentagon and yet another plane had crashed in a field in Pennsylvania?  I was at work.  For some reason I didn't have my radio on that day--I always had my radio on, but that day I did not.  My boss peeked her head in my office and said a plane had just crashed into the World Trade Center.  I immediately turned my radio on and heard it all.  I remember my cousin Dina and I emailing each other trying to understand what was going on, I remember us both wanting to leave work and get our boys and be near our families.  I remember walking between buildings and looking up for other planes.  I remember sitting in the Board room watching tv the moment the second tower came crashing down and tears streaming down my face in disbelief.  Christopher was 2 years old on this day and oblivious to what was going on but I remember trying to explain to him what happened.  Every year on this day I remember and every year on this day my heart feels for the families that lost their loved ones--our heroes.  I cry many tears for our heroes and their families every year.  Every year, it still chokes me up.  Always and forever, I will remember and I will honor the heroes of 9/11.

No comments: