Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September Is Here

In case you hadn't turned your calendar yet, September is here!  I couldn't be more excited.  Its the first day of the Autumn months.  The leaves will begin their journey to beautiful piles on the ground, my pear tree will be plucked of all the fruit it has bore for me this year, pecans will soon begin falling from their summer home, cooler weather is on the horizon, Monday Night Football is here, the Fair is just around the corner followed by Halloween and before you know it...Thanksgiving.  Oh I can smell the turkey and dressing now just thinking about it.  This is my most favorite time of the year and I intend to savor every minute of it.  There's something about this time of year that puts me in such a great mood.  I love cooking and baking all day long when I can.  I love sitting outside in the cool mornings enjoying a cup of coffee with my love and my children.  I'm excited to have Isabella join us this year.  I can't wait to put her in a fresh pile of leaves and watch her play.  Sit her with Christopher in the middle of a pumpkin patch and let them pick their pumpkins.  Wonderfully scented candles burning throughout the house with just the flame of the candles lighting the house...there's something warm and cozy about it that brings a peace about me.  And then there's my annual trip to Canton with my girlfriends to look forward to.  All of these things and so much more to come.  Awww yes, September is here and I'm welcoming her with my arms wide open

No comments: