Monday, January 25, 2016

A Little Weekend of Love

Saturday morning I decided Bella and I would venture off to Pearland to do a little running around. She had received two of the same Shopkins play sets for Christmas. One of them came with a gift receipt to Toys R Us (thank you Joy) and thankfully, Pearland has one.  My little Boo Boo also got a James Avery charm bracelet for her birthday from the Hillier's and Square's.  We needed to have the bracelet sized and the charms added so James Avery was on our list of stops.

Our first stop was Sonic and a selfie!
 

Bella also still had a little bit of money to spend and let me tell you, it was burning a hole in her pocket!  We arrived and she started talking about a store with makeup that we had been to before and it had jewelry.  I couldn't figure out what place she was talking about but when she saw the pink doors, she squealed and pointed and then I knew.  Charming Charlies.  The makeup consists of lipgloss. Ha!  I promised if she were a good girl, we would stop by there.  Our first stop was Toys R Us where my girl was a little disappointed that they didn't have a bigger selection of Shopkins but opted for a little bouncing yapping dog, a pocket puppy and kitty.  

Charming Charlies was a disappointment for Bella as they no longer have a young girls section.  She still looked around and even asked the sales clerk if they had any lip gloss.  That sales clerk found me later to compliment me on what a polite and well-mannered daughter I had.  Made this momma's day! Bella left with a lanyard (aka, charm necklace) and I left thinking about this clutch....


After James Avery, a late lunch at Red Robin and quiet time looking at books at Barnes & Noble, we went back to Charming Charlies for that clutch and then perused Macy's home sale for a pasta pot. No luck at Macy's so we headed home as we were beat.  Bella told me when we were going home that she really loves girls day when its just her and I spending time together.  I hope she always feels that way.  

Sunday morning I made pancakes.  Heart-shaped pancakes.  I wouldn't call it a failure but it wasn't pretty.  



I'm telling myself practice will help.  Bella loved them regardless and ate every last bit.  The first one I removed the mold too soon and had spillage.  The second one, I used less batter but almost let it sit too long.  Need to adjust my heat.  Again, if I made pancakes more often I would know this.  I also used the griddle that is built in to my stove for the first time ever.  I consider that a factor in my slight success but not failure heart-shaped pancake morning.  I will try again!!

The rest of our Sunday consisted of burning limbs, raking a few leaves, boiling chicken for dinner that night (Crescent Chicken Rolls), baking muffins, watching football and a nap!  

And let me just confess something while I'm here. James Avery told Bella and I her bracelet would be ready after 4:00 Sunday.  I originally had every intention of driving back Sunday afternoon but after we finished burning limbs, I knew I wouldn't want to go.  Bella's tummy was hurting later in the afternoon so I convinced her to lay down with me to take a nap.  I had no intention of falling asleep but I totally did.  We both woke up about the same time and the first thing she asked about was going back to James Avery.  Y'all...I totally lied to my daughter.  I told her the lady from James Avery called while she was napping to let us know they didn't get her bracelet back but would call when they did.  I may have cringed when I told her because I was being an awful mommy in that moment but I just didn't want to go.  She was upset for all of 5 minutes (if that) and then she was good. 

So yeah, bad mommy for lying but good mommy for heart-shaped pancakes.  :)

Y'all have a good one.

1 comment:

The Mitchell Family said...

I think those pancakes are adorable, and do not worry - stores that Ella HAS to go to are often "closed" - it is a bummer.