Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Struggle Is Real Y'all

We are on our second day back to routine and let me tell you, its really hard!  Both my children have struggled to get up this week.  I don't know if Christopher has decided that he's over hanging out with his buddies before school or what because this kid has left the house at 7:15-7:20 both days.  Usually he is gone by 7:00.  Heck, he didn't climb out of bed until then today.  And Miss Bella, we are pushing it to get out the door by 7:30.  I'm not gonna lie.  I hit snooze Monday until I couldn't hit it anymore and still laid in bed for too long after that.  Maybe next week will be a little easier on us all.  For now, I'm counting the days until I get to sleep in again. Saturday won't get here quick enough.

Speaking of Saturday, it will be a very special 7 year old's birthday then. Wow how time flies!  My Timehop pulled up a post my sister did on my FB wall on this day 7 years ago anticipating the arrival of her niece and how excited she was.  I was excited and ready too as I was plum miserable. Pregnancy was always rough for me, but the payoff was awesome :). We'll be having a birthday dinner party Sunday evening for the princess.  I'm sure Saturday will be filled with lots of special things, things I have not decided or discussed with the birthday girl.  I'm sure she will have ideas of her own.  That girl.  She is something else.  Something else that makes me laugh and smile every single day. Love her.

I sure hope y'all are having a better week than we are. 


No comments: