Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Number 7

Lucky number 7.  That's how old my baby girl is now.  How in the world did that happen? I know I say it all the time but time really does fly by and it seems to be moving even faster these days.


This girl is truly a momma's girl.  She is always loving on me, asking for hugs and kisses or giving them to you just because.  She is also a little momma to her older brother.  Sometimes before I can give him the standard line when he's leaving for school or to run and errand, baby girl is hollering "be careful bubba, I love you!"  It is the sweetest.  Sometimes he will holler back, "I didn't know I had two mommies" and she will fire right back, "well you do so get used to it!"  Dish it girl!  She is full of love and gives plenty of it to everyone, even people she just meets.  

Saturday (which was her birthday), she wanted to go shopping.  Unbeknownst to her, she was going to be receiving a delivery that day.  I had no idea what time the delivery would arrive so I took my time getting ready to leave and then had to stall some more.  Finally, these showed up from Uncle Tony...



Y'all, I wish you could have heard the gasp and squeals that followed when this girl realized the flowers were for her.  It was awesome.  Uncle Tony also included a gift card with the flowers so that made it even better since we were on our way out the door to do some shopping.    

Bath & Body Works was having a big sale so that was a must stop.  Let me say, my girl is good at avoiding all things on sale.  LOL!  I still need to teach her a few things.  She picked out a few things and I added some antibacterial soap to my stash at home.  I'll give you one guess as to where we went next...Justice!!  It didn't take her long to have a small pile of things she wanted but it quickly diminished when I explained how much all of it was going to cost her.  I did pick up a super cute backpack with her initial B on it as part of her birthday present from mommy.  We call this her fun backpack.  Something she can carry all her fun things in when going places.  After that, we stopped for a cookie/pretzel snack and then made our way to Claire's.  

We also hit up Hobby Lobby, Target and tried to go to the party store that had moved to Clute but it was closed.  On.A.Saturday.  What.The.Heck.  Needless to say I was a bit disgruntled about that. We were having a birthday dinner party for baby girl Sunday evening.  She wanted her CiCi to make pasta with chicken sauce (also known as regular ole spaghetti and meat) for the party. CiCi was already booked for Saturday but could make it work Sunday evening.  Done.  Bella wanted a fish themed party as well because hello, everyone serves an Italian dish at a fish party.  Do you know how hard it is to find fish themed party supplies on short notice?  It proved to be very difficult.  After looking everywhere and being turned away from the party store in Clute, my backup plan was to get to Party City in Pearland first thing Sunday morning.  Y'all, they don't even have fish themed party supplies.  I did not expect this at all but quickly went into my additional backup plan.  Bright colors!  We had already ordered a cookie cake with a fish on it and while in Hobby Lobby the previous day, I picked up some fabric with fish on it to use as part of the table cloth so we had a couple few things.  Her gift bags to her guests would also have Goldfish snacks, gummy fish and worms in them so we had a little fish going here and there.  



To be honest, Bella didn't really care...she was just happy to have all her family over to celebrate her birthday.  I tell myself that I will get myself together and begin planning her party sooner rather than later but that never happens.  I blame it on this holiday called Christmas.  You may have heard of it.  Apparently its a pretty big deal.  :)

I have to say, watching Bella open gifts had to be my favorite part of the evening....her expressions and enthusiasm is priceless...






  
Daddy had told me he got her a card  but he wanted her to open it last so towards the end of gift opening, he brought out a bag for her.  Inside the bag was a box....





And inside that box was another box...



And inside that box was yet another box....


 This box had a little remote control red sports car!!


Now, to say she was excited about it would be a little dishonest.  She sat there with a look on her face of total confusion (I missed that picture) because everything she received before that was total girlie girl stuff.  But let me also tell you, that after that initial shock wore off, she has played and played with that remote control car more than anything else she received.  I told her I was so jealous because Pop NEVER got me a little red sports car! My sister also chimed in saying she never got one either!  LOL!!

All in all, her birthday weekend turned out to be really fun.  Bella also deemed it the best ever so that made my heart happy.  She received more money and gift cards to Justice we we'll be making another trip in the near future.  I told her she needed to wait and let them get new stock in so she'll have more to choose from.  That may have been a selfish play on my part because two days of Justice was enough for me.  Ha!

No comments: