Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Faves

A belated Christmas present came in yesterday and I'm so excited!!  Mix and Match Cakes by Shay Shull, author of Mix and Match Family  and Pioneer Woman's latest cookbook!  I've heard great things about both of these books so I can't wait to start my reading this weekend.  :)



This has been one of my favorite quotes this week...


I like to think I have taken everything thrown my way and become a better person for it.  I'm definitely not bitter.  I may go off on a rant every once in a while about God's plan but I get over it and accept the path he's leading me down.  Honestly, I don't think there is a soul out there who hasn't questioned HIM every now and then.  

And then there's this...


This sweet bundle of joy crawled up on the bed and laid down on mommy's chest earlier in the week and I just melted into a big ole puddle.  

Don't forget the nails!  This is Petal Pushers


I tried a chocolate brown color I've had for a while earlier in the week.  Its not Essie, but Nicole something or another.  Looked great on but by the end of day one, I had chips.  Could be the brand, could be that I've had it a while, who really knows.  I just know that Essie has been working for me and they have really pretty colors.  
 
One little bit of exciting news (to me it is) is that Monday morning I'm finally going to the eye doctor to get my eyes back!!  I'm so dramatic but y'all, I have been wearing glasses since the end of October and I'm done.  I've been out of contacts and the doctor would not order more until I came in for a yearly exam.  Ugh.  Long story short...the delay in getting in was due to out of pocket expenses and insurance.  Anyway, I like having the option to wear contacts or glasses.  God bless everyone who can wear glasses everyday and it not drive them crazy.  My daddy is one of them.  Momma was too.  I just can't.  Maybe one day I'll change my mind but for now, bring on the contacts!!  So yes, Monday is the day and I can't wait!

I just got a text message from my BFF Marilee that her daughter Cassie is going to be induced tomorrow.  This is her first baby (a girl) and tomorrow is also Cassie's birthday.  So exciting!!

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: