Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween

This Halloween was extra special this year because it was Isabella's first one.  Yes she was a pumpkin...I stuck with the tradition.  The boys were both pumpkins.  I had thought about a ladybug for my girl but when I found this pumpkin costume there were no more decisions to make...this was it.  It was girly and fluffy and I loved it. 




And I must say, she looks sooooo cute!!  I just loved her in this as did others.  When we walked outside to take pictures the neighbors were oohing and aweing over her.  She impressed all. 

Here's one with Mommy....



Later when Christopher got his costume on I tried to get pictures of them together but Isabella was done by then.  Isabella wasn't real sure who this masked person was....



She never cried but I did make him take his mask off so she could see it was her brother.  I'm not sure it worked.

A close-up of the Unknown Phantom....



The day before Halloween Isabella had an appointment with Dr. Patti.  We delayed her 9 month well baby visit by 3 weeks so we could check her ears from her last infection--we got an all clear (woo hoo) and my goal is to keep them that way!  She is doing great on her charts weighing in at 21 lbs., 2.5 oz. and 27.5 inches long.  We got the all clear to try whole milk and so far so good.  She doesn't particularly care for cold, cold milk so we warm it a bit and she takes that just fine.  Since it was the day before Halloween I dressed Bella up in her spider dress I found on Etsy.  It was a little cool outside so we had to warm it up a bit.  I know she looks all over the place with her dress, leggings and shirt but she still looked adorable. 



And I did put socks on her feet.  Her little feet are so chunky I have a hard time finding shoes so we stick with socks for now...and plus I read some article on Baby Center that said we shouldn't worry about shoes until they start walking so I said "okay"...that's less for me to worry about, right? 

Here's a close-up of my girl...



And here we are at Dr. Patti's office waiting to see her....




All in all it was a good Halloweenie weekend.  We only took Isabella to the neighbor's house to trick or treat because it was cool and a slight wind outside...for her, all the makings for another ear infection and as I said before, my goal is to keep her ears clear.  I made the block with Christopher and crew and visited two haunted houses or would it be haunted garages?  Brought home lots of great candy and made more memories for another year.  I love Halloween...I love to see everyone's creative minds come to life on this night.  It makes for great fun for everyone...young and old.  I hope all of you had a Happy Halloween!


No comments: