Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I was excited to get off work a little early today so I could get home and start my dishes for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner at Daddy's house.  For my part of our dinner, I will be preparing my wonderful and full of nothing but yumminess Dressing. My always requested and equally yummy, Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie and for a surprise treat I am trying a new recipe, Southern Pecan Pie Bars from the fabulous Paula Deen magazine. I'm especially excited about Thanksgiving this year because all of my family will be together.  My nephew Paul, who lives in Florida, is even here this year.  The holidays have been difficult these last couple of years without Mom so its always important to me to make sure we are together with Daddy to have dinner because I don't like him being alone.  I love Thanksgiving.  I love all the hard work that goes into preparing the meal, the day, the celebration, everything.  I was just telling the girls at work that one of these years I would like to take on the task of hosting and preparing everything for the meal.  I love cooking and baking, especially for the holidays.  Just once I would love to prepare the meal for everyone.  I know you are thinking I'm nuts but really...this would be fun for me.   I can't wait to dig into the turkey, dressing, green bean casserole, broccoli/rice casserole....oh my mouth is watering just typing this.  And then to relax on the couch and watch some football.  Ah...my perfect day.  Yep....Thanksgiving will be good this year.  Stay tuned to see what I'm especially thankful for this year. 

No comments: