Friday, November 20, 2009

Rainy Days

I love rainy days...love them!  Most people think I'm crazy when I tell them this.  Like the coworker who walked in this morning and said, "oh man isn't it beautiful outside" in her sarcastic tone.  My reply was, "yes it is, I love days like today" in my enthusiastic voice.  She turned around and looked at me like I was nuts, loony, off my rocker and had curse her in the worst way.  There's just something about the rain that calms me, a thunderstorm that gets me excited.  I love watching the lightening, especially at night went it lights up the whole sky.  Now...I don't like driving in rain.  Hate it.  And I do prefer to be at home in a good comfy pair of pajamas, snuggled up on the couch with my favorite quilt playing with the kids or watching a good movie...but I don't want to drive in it.  Rainy days are good for getting stuff done in the house--no excuses for wanting to be outside.  Baking cookies, playing board games, coloring (yes I still color), doing laundry, cooking a pot of something good, Facebooking, sewing (I don't sew), making tie blankets (that I do), hanging out with good friends and catching up, snuggling with the hubby, eating lots of snacks, blogging, helping the kids make a fort out of blankets, pillows and sheets.  Oh I could go on....but I'll stop because I'm stuck at work today and I must get to work.  I love rainy days...the possibilities are endless and if you stop to look at the beauty of the rain, you too can enjoy it.

No comments: