Monday, November 9, 2009

Isabella's Baptism

Isabella Marie was baptized Sunday at St. Michael's Catholic Church in Needville.  Father Joseph did a wonderful job with her...he was very easy-going and rolled with her when she was being curious and checking things out.  Her new Godparents Dina Rozner (my cousin) and Chuck Kovar (dear family friend) were beside themselves with pride.  Isabella was the only child baptized after Mass but she definitely had the biggest crowd with 20 guests.  There was supposed to be another family but they didn't show.  I think it surprised Father that all the people there were for this one special little girl.  She looked so sweet in her dress that I agonized, worried and fretted over for 2 weeks!  I wish we had taken more pictures of her in the dress where you could really see it but it didn't happen.  Maybe I'll dress her in it some day again soon...



Mommy, Godmommy, Isabella, Father Joseph, Godpappa, Daddy



Proud sweet big brother Christopher and Isabella. I just adore this picture.



The day was beautiful and everything went just fine.  I did have an uneasy feeling after Mass that they had forgotten about us because I didn't see any other families there with children dressed in white and I guess I was also expecting they would mention it at some point during Mass.  They did remember so all the fretting, worrying and agonizing I did about this was probably not needed but I feel a little better thinking that because I did do all of those things, the day turned out the way it did.  Beautiful and just fine.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Just beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Mis - knowing what my dear friend has been through, my heart is filled with happiness for you when i see these sweet moments! Marilee