Monday, February 8, 2010

February 8th

7 years ago on this day, Heaven received the sweetest little angel.  It was my son, Jace.  I can remember so much about this day.  The hard, desperate prayers to God begging him to heal my son, begging him not to take him.  I dread this day every year and often wonder if there will ever come a time when I won't dread it.  I miss Jace every day and think of him every day.  Our lives were forever changed by our son's passing.  For me, all innocence was destroyed and I learned the hard way to cherish each day like it was my last.  Don't wait to do anything, do it now. Soak in every moment before it passes or you'll miss it forever.  Tell your family everyday that you love them. The dishes can wait, the clean house can wait, laundry can wait...it all can wait for your kids and your family.  There were times that I put all the other stuff first and I regret that.  Just 5 more minutes I would say.  I regret not holding my son longer.  I regret putting him down to sleep  while I got all the other stuff done.  I thought I would have forever with him.  Little did I know that God had other plans for us.  I question the road God has sent us on since this day.  I can see the positive things that have come from Jace's death but it still doesn't make it any easier and sadly...I still don't understand why he had to leave us so soon.  If you take anything with you from this post, its to remember to live life to the fullest and share it with the ones you love the most, remembering to tell them everyday how much you love them.  Give your husband and kids an extra tight and long hug today.  Forget about cooking dinner tonight and order pizza, watch a movie together or play a game.  All of those things you need to get done will still be waiting for you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God Bless you and your family on this day ~~ may He give you comfort and healing; but most importantly, may you and your sweet family feel His love and grace.

Tricia said...

A friend of mine said it well when she said "no one ever says 'I wish I would've spent more time cleaning my house.'"

caryn said...

I continue to be amazed at how well you can put your feelings and your grief into words. your family is always in my prayers. I consider myself so lucky to have you not only as a cousin, but also as a friend!