Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Birthday Party Fun


That's me and my birthday girl...in case you didn't know.  :)  Remember I told you we were having her party later in the month so her Daddy could be there.  It was a great day with lots and lots of people celebrating with us.  We had BBQ, a cake, cupcakes, ice cream, deviled eggs, homemade rolls, sausage appetizers...anything else?  Before we get started on what we did, here is another picture of Isabella in her tutu.  The tutu was made by a friend of her Daddy's when she couldn't even sit up by herself.  I thought it was perfect for her birthday outfit.

 

I did things a little different, backwards if you will.  The party was later in the day so we had cake and ice cream first, then presents and then we ate bbq.  My new friend Lauren Tielke made Bella's cake and cupcakes...

 

A shot from the top...


Everyone loved the cakes and she did a fabulous job.  Sure wish you could have tasted them because they were good!  I think you can see Bella agreed...




After a quick bath and outfit change, Bella was ready to open gifts.  She received many wonderful gifts and is set with toys, Spring outfits and accessories.  


After the gifts were opened, the BBQ was brought in, Grace was said and we all dug in for an awesome meal prepared by family.  I was so busy making sure everyone was taken care of inside that I never took pictures of my brothers freezing their hineys off in the cold (and wet) outside all day but I am thankful for them because they are awesome cooks and the bbq was great.  I did manage to snap this picture earlier in the day of my sister and her daughter Makenna getting the deviled eggs ready for us...


And here is picture of the Happy Birthday banner hanging and the gift table...


I borrowed this idea from Kelly's Korner.  With Lauren's help we made this sign to hang above my dough bowl (I talked about it here Canton Finds).  I used it to hold my party favors of little bags of SweetTarts and M & M's.


As you can see, I ended up not hanging it but I think it looked great as is...


Isabella got this oh-so-cute tutu from Jeff's cousin Stevan and his girlfriend Theresa.  Theresa later took these pictures of Bella in the tutu.  They are two of my favorite pictures from the day. 

  

As you can see, my girl had a great time!  My only regret of the day is that we did not get a picture of Jeff and I with Bella.  We were both going in many directions that day that we never stopped long enough to take that picture. 

I want to end this post with Miss Isabella's stats as of her 1-year check-up...

Weighing in at 22 lbs. 9 oz. and 30 1/4 inches long
Still not sleeping through the night, just root around a lot. 
Most of the time, you make it until morning before you want another bottle.
You LOVE Zesty Tomato Cheetos (they are Graduates Brand)
Banana Puffs are your fave, followed by Sweet Potato
You are now drinking from a sippy cup.  Mommy is working to get you off your bottle.
We were making progress with a sippy cup during the day, bottle only at night and in the morning but we've regressed some.
You adore your brother, follow him everywhere and love hanging out with him in his room.
You still love snuggling with your Mommy and Mommy loves it right back.
You are a chicken eating little girl.
A good eater all around really. 
Still love to dance when you hear music.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is your favorite show to watch.
Handy Manny is next followed by Imagination Movers.
You have 8 teeth...and cutting your molars!

I feel like there is so much more I am forgetting because you seem to be doing so much.  You've been walking since you were 10 1/2 months old.  You pick up on things so quickly these days.  You're waving bye-bye, still doing the gimme gimme with your hands when you want something or want someone to hold you.  You will say thank you and your welcome but you have to listen for it because its not real clear...but you know that's what you're saying.  Oh yes..."Uh-oh"...can't remember when you started that but you say it all the time...even when you intentionally throw something down.  Mommy loves you so stinkin' much and loves watching you grow and learn new things every day.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings my love.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything was so good. Your brothers did a bang-up job. I love all the pics too. Thanks for having us come. We enjoyed being there. Love Aunt Cheryl