Friday, February 19, 2010

I Want A Tattoo

Yes, you read that right...I want a tattoo.  For 7 years now, I've wanted a tattoo of some kind in memory of my son Jace.   I don't want anything big, something small.  Without naming names and to protect the innocent (wink, wink), someone gave me a wonderful idea of putting something on my hip so that I could carry him with me always.  I love that idea.  But what to get?  Do I put something as simple as his name...or do I put his name with wings?  I wish there was a way I could incorporate his initials or name in the design of a butterfly. I've always been partial to butterflies when I think of tattoos.  I want to have my mind made up when I make the trip to get this done.  Online searches for tattoos suggest visiting a shop first, getting ideas, maybe even having someone draw it out and then go back.  That seems like a lot and may not be the best idea for someone like me who has a horrible time making decisions.  What about you?  Do you have any ideas for my tattoo?  Besides the ones where you tell me not to do it...my mind is most definitely made up about getting it!   

No comments: